For the past twenty years Zarem/Golde ORT Technical Institute has been successfully preparing local the community as well as students from around the world for careers in a competitive global market. Our goal is to provide quality, affordable, hands-on technical, business, health care, and English as a Second Language (ESL) training. Our supportive faculty is made up of proven professionals in their fields.
Our career oriented training courses open doors to entry level positions and professional growth opportunities. We are an ACCET accredited; IBHE and DHS (Department of Homeland Security) approved nonprofit vocational school affiliated with World ORT which trains over 300,000 students worldwide each year.
We are particularly sensitive to the needs of our adult learners. Most of the Institute’s programs can be completed in less than a year. Day and evening classes are offered for students’ convenience. Our supportive staff helps students negotiate the challenges of Financial Aid. Many staff members are multilingual and have experience guiding International Students through the student visa regulations. At the Institute we pride ourselves on being “A Welcoming Community of Practical Learning.”
Zarem/Golde ORT Technical Institute is committed to providing an educational environment that enhances our students’ ability to fulfill their career goals. By encouraging the development of the total person, we provide direction for students who seek to improve their lives through learning new professional and English language skills. The Institute’s multi-lingual staff and working-in-field faculty are committed to preparing students for entry-level job opportunities through health care training: Medical Assistant, and Pharmacy Technician business training: Associates Degree in Accounting and Computerized Accounting and technical training: Digital Graphics and Web Design and Computer Support and Networking Technology.Our Goals Are:
• To teach practical hands-on skills.
• To provide the professional skills and knowledge necessary for employment and career advancement.
• To develop professional attitudes, work habits, communication skills and confidence through self-discipline.
• To provide short-term, intensive programs (most of the Institute's programs can be completed in less than a year.)
• To offer training by well qualified professionals in well-equipped classrooms and laboratories.
• To teach English language skills necessary for employment and adjustment to life in a new country and culture through our comprehensive ESL (English as a Second Language) programs.
• To provide small class size to increase learning ability.
• To offer individualized student services and support.
• To offer financial aid and scholarships to qualified applicants.
• To provide employment preparation assistance to our graduates and alumni.
• To increase student awareness and sensitivity to diverse cultures through a supportive multicultural environment.
- ORT Catalog 2012-2013
- International Student Handbook
- AAS in Accounting
- Computerized Accounting
- Computer Support & Networking Technology
- Digital Graphics and Web Design
- English as a Second Language (600)
- English as a Second Language (720)
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Techician
- Net Price Calculator
- Student's Right to Know
- Program Enrollment & Outcomes