Apply From Abroad
These are the essential general guidelines to become a student at ORT Technical Institute if you are currently living abroad. Please read this carefully and make sure to complete all the steps. When you complete the application process and upon acceptance, ORT will send you an I-20 Form which is necessary to apply for an F-1 Student Visa. You will also be required to have an interview at a US consulate or embassy in your country.Get Visa Interview Information
You will need to complete a ORT application. Our staff is available to assist you by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 847.324.5588. Fill out an application and send it to us by e-mail email@example.com, fax: 847-324-5580, or mail (see address below).
Get F-1 Student Visa Information
Other Essential Documents and Fees
- • Present evidence of financial funds.
- • Send a copy of your high school diploma.
- • Send a copy of your college transcript if available.
- • $850 International Student Deposit payable to ORT Technical Institute by cashier's check, credit card, bank draft, or money order.
- • $95 non-refundable I-20 fee
- • $755 tuition deposit (this amount will be credit toward your tuition when you register for classes.)
In the event that you choose not to start classes at ORT, all but $350 will be returned to you.
If you are denied a visa all but $95 I-20 fee will be returned to you.
Please send the payment and documents to:
Zarem/Golde ORT Technical Institute
5440 Fargo Avenue
Skokie, IL 60077 USA
Get More I-20 Form Information
If you have dependents (a spouse or children coming with you to the US) you will need to provide the following documents for them:
- • Copy of Current and Valid Passport for Each Dependent: The date of expiration on each passport must be dated at least 6 months later than your entry date to the United States. Only a copy of the picture and personal information page of the passport is necessary.
- • Proof of Familial Relationship:
- • Spouse: Copy of Marriage Certificate: The certificate should be translated into English and notarized.
- • Children: Copy of Birth Certificate: The certificate should be translated into English and notarized.
- • Proof of Additional Financial Evidence: In addition to the $8,000-9,000 necessary for yourself, you must provide proof of $3,740 more for each dependent.
- ORT Catalog 2013-2014
- International Student Handbook
- AAS in Accounting
- Computerized Accounting
- Computer Support & Networking Technology
- Digital Graphics and Web Design
- English as a Second Language (600)
- English as a Second Language (720)
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Techician
- Net Price Calculator
- Student's Right to Know
- Program Enrollment & Outcomes