How to Apply
To apply for admission to Zarem/Golde ORT Technical Institute, applicants must be high school graduates, possess a GED or equivalent, and should have reached compulsory age. The compulsory age is 17 years old and above as defined by the Illinois State Board of Education.
The Admissions process includes a personal interview with an admissions representative and a tour of the Institute. The applicant is given a copy of the catalog, catalog supplement, consumer information (including tuition and fees), and current schedule of program start dates.
Non-native speakers of English are given a placement test for English language skills. For admission into a technical program, non-native English speaking applicants must place into Level 5 of the Institute's ESL Program.
All applicants must submit a completed application, together with copies of high school transcripts or any previous academic work to the Admissions Office. An official letter of acceptance to the Institute is sent by the Admissions Representative.
We serve our international students and prospective students by:
• Processing documents required of international students.
• Guiding students through the US Citizenship and Immigration Services student visa application procedure. We also provide most USCIS forms.
• Providing information about non-immigrant international student regulations through workshops and orientations, individual appointments and this website.
• Prospective students who wish to come from abroad to study at ORT Technical Institute in the US. Apply from Abroad Now!
• Prospective students who are currently in the US but hold other categories of non-immigrant visas (for instance B1/B2, J-1-these are the most common) and want to change status by applying for an F-1 student visa.
• Get a Change of Status.
• Prospects with an F-1 Visa who are studying at a different school in the US and want to transfer to ORT.
Transfer to ORT.
- ORT Catalog 2013-2014
- International Student Handbook
- AAS in Accounting
- Computerized Accounting
- Computer Support & Networking Technology
- Digital Graphics and Web Design
- English as a Second Language (600)
- English as a Second Language (720)
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Techician
- Net Price Calculator
- Student's Right to Know
- Program Enrollment & Outcomes